Sunday, July 30, 2006

She's a Big Tree...

A hot and steamy Sunday afternoon in Dan-o Land. About 90+ degrees outside. So I decide today is the day to get up on a ladder and trimming the 9"+ branches hanging over the house for winter icing safety. I only wish it were close to winter though because it is ASS hot outside. I already said that though...I digress. This is very large tree and it's bigger than you think until you get up into it and are looking down at your brother on the ground and he looks like a midget. We had a slight scare though because one of the branches was pretty close to the street wire (20" or so) and about the same distance to the house and when it was cut, it stayed attached partially to the tree and was hanging straight up and down to the ground thinking to itself....(Hmmmm, do I completely snap off here and take out the side of the house or go the other way and knock out comunication to the whole block, or do I just hang here and let Dan-o take care of me?) Luckily she hung in there. I was able to cut the bottom of the branch off and she fell straight down.
I have stated many 'O times that I want to be a lumber jack. I think I may take that up.
I will wait till this evening though to cut up the branches into little pieces for firewood, it's just TOO DAMN HOT, especially 'for Penguins to just be walkin' around.'

1 comment:

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

That-a-boy! Nothing like ending on an Adam Sandler quote to make me smile. Oh by the way:
You're a lumber jack and that's OK, you sleep all night and you work all day.
Are you singing along yet? Hopefully you just don't wear panties and a bra.