Friday, November 24, 2006

To be Thankful

I'm not going to get too sappy here, but I wanted to take some time here to show the things I'm thankful for in my life.

1. My wife and family, without which I just couldn't picture myself as being who I am today.

2. ALL of my friends, new and old, all of which with their different outlooks on life and witty banter never cease to peak my interests.

3. My job: Not many people can say that their job is as cool as mine. I've been blessed with an ability and steady hand that helps me do what I do every day.

4. My pets: psycho as they may be, they never waver in their unending affection. Good days or bad, they are always there to say "Hi".....they really do say that you know.

5. My truck Ron.

6. Thin, fit, and voluptuous runners that stretch right in front of you at the Thanksgiving day race without a thought of who might be glancing over at the spandex pants HUGGING your bottom.....I digress.

7. Thin, fit, Voluptuous runners with white tops and see through sports bras!!!!!!! Did you honestly thing NOONE would look darlin' in the white top and blue stretchies??? Easily C's ...... 'nough said.....again, I digress.

8. Barry Manilow....He gives me the will to get up off of my ass between #7 and #8 here on this list, the will to not be lazy, run downstairs and change the XM channel on my stereo.

9. The winter months that I love so much coming up. I'm a big fan of the cold weather. It's much easier to stay warm in the winter than it is to stay cool in the blistering summer(not that I don't mind Charleston, SC or Sannibel.....the surroundings make up for the mugginess.)

10. Warriors. Soldiers. Those of which I admire are all who fight and give us the freedoms we have here at home which we MOST times take advantage of. The warriors who take it to them rather than have the meanies bring it to us again and again. Rather there than here. I drink beer for all of you.

To all who've read this, have a great Christmas, Thanksgiving weekend, and New Year. To my Jewish people reading this, have a good Hanukka.

OUT!!!

10 comments:

SRR said...

Ron? WTF???

I so wish I could have been there with you baby!!! Thanks though for doing it in my honor!

Stephanie said...

That was nice - it's good to periodically take stock of the Good Things you have in your life.

I too am grateful for Barry Manilow. What would else would I sing in my shower?

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

That was lovely, but just to clarify, you said:
ALL of my friends, new and old, all of which with their different outlooks on life and witty banter never cease to bore me.
This would mean then that we are boring you. Well EXCUSE ME! HaHa!

I'm surprised the doc didn't razz you about this. Maybe she just decided to be nice. Not me ;)

Dan-O said...

Holy shit!!! That's totally not what I meant to say...I must edit this.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Hmmm....I too am thankful for Barry Manilow....I am quite the Fanilow. The other things, well, I am bitter today, so I am not feeling very thankful. But, well done Barry, well done.

Stephanie said...

Sorry, AML, I was stuck on the "wife and family, without which...." which should have read, "... without WHOM...."

See, now the gloves are coming off.

Dan-O said...

not fair, English majors aren't allowed to play

cmeddie said...

You not only ran for rabbit, you apparently did the boob watch for her too. She probably appreciates that part more, knowing how much she loves them!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that people are still grateful for things in life. Maybe I should make a list of things I'm grateful about, too.

Right now I can only think of one thing I'm very much NOT graful about: my sister singing two feet from me. My head just might explode.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

You need to spice up your blog with some color. The gray brings me down a little bit. Live a little.