Thursday, November 09, 2006

Palmer=Not a good jogging partner

So I got home the other night and decided, "Hey Palmer, want to go for a run?" He's never been running with me before, so we tried it out. Aside from him keeping up with me the whole 2.5 miles, I almost became crippled several times. The problem is the fact that he's still a pup. Almost a year old, but full grown now. With this factor told, he is still smelling new things. I can almost hear his thought process as we ran......RUNNING RUNNING RUNNING .......WHAT'S THIS? WHY IS HE PULLING ME??? THIS OTHER DOG'S CRAP SMELLS FANTASTIC!!!! DOESN"T HE KNOW THAT???? RUNNING RUNNING .......STOP OH WHAT IS THAT SMELL???? OH IT'S NOTHING. RUNNING RUNNING......etc."
OK the problem was the fact that I was jogging at about what would be considered for me 1/3 of my max speed now that I'm 31. And stopping my BIG ASS isn't as easy as it used to be at 240 lbs. I felt as though I was a jackknifed tractor trailer each time the mutt came to a screetching halt in front of me. No more Palmer.....no more running with me. It's back to the old licking your own crotch trick for you.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

When you say, "...back to the old licking your own crotch trick," are you talking to us, or Palmer? Because if you're talking to us, that would be quite the trick.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

how was lunch?

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Hey, if you could do that you wouldn't have to run.

Dan-O said...

If I could do THAT......I wouyld never leave the house!!!!!

SRR said...

Are getting ready for THANKSGIVING??? I'll be there to root you on baby doll!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't run very effectively with my dog, Scooter, either. He's eithe yanking my arm off or I'm tripping over him. Best to leave the hounds at home.

cmeddie said...

Running is for the birds... and rabbits...