Friday, January 12, 2007

Me a politician.....Yeah right!!!


Crimson Tide
Capt. Ramsey: " Now if were me asked if we should drop the bomb on Nagasaki, I would have given a simle 'Yes, by all means, drop that fucker....TWICE!' "

Ladies and Gents, in no way am I war monger. However, I do believe in fighting for a cause and defending ourselves when the time permits. We are not done in Afghanastan nor in Iraq, not by far. And to bring politics into the mix is assenine. Listen, just because it is getting harder over there, is no reason to pull out. We have become a society of instant gratification and if we can't get a Big Mac in 2 minutes, we get frustrated. War is not easy folks, it is not pretty, and it is not fast. Another thing is that Americans forget things. Of course we have never, and will never forget 9-11, but the 'why' and 'who' aspect get blurry after a while. It was mindless and barbaric and to shrug it off, and just sweep it under the rug would be an insult to the men and women who have brought the US to where it is today from their efforts in the past. (ie. my Grandma+Grandpa J.). I always make it a point to watch the documentories on the 9-11 attacks on History channel (my wife thinks I'm sick) and I watch the TRUE story movies on the different conflicts (ie. We Were Soldiers, Saving Private Ryan) just to keep the freshness of 'why we do what do and who we do it for' in my mind.

War is a terrible thing, and I can guarantee you that the first person to tell you that they hate war is the American soldier. They are the ones who must go into battle and see the things they see. And for the media to "try" to portray war from a balcony of a hotel and just portray the ugliness that goes on is a farse. My VERY BEST FRIEND, Cpt. RTH, has shown me his personal pics that are just a few of the many thousands of good stories of the locals appreciating our efforts over there. Can you immagine, even for just a second, if we had pulled out of France and Germany in WWII because it got "too difficult?" This world as we know it would not exist. Europe and Western Asia would be in shambles to this day with dictatorship. That was only 60 years ago. If we pull out now, we are vulnerable, and we bring all of whats going on over there to our streets. I'm not saying these things to scare or worry, those are the facts. Taliban wants to kill Americans, as do radical muslims in general. They wouldn't think twice about walking down the street and out of nowhere set off a car bomb, or just shooting any one of us in the face. Hell, these things go on over there every other day, whether they kill someone or not. They aren't picky as to who they kill.
I believe I've said in the past that our "PC" is going to get us killed someday. This is exactly what I mean by that. We as Americans hold human life to a higher standard. It is precious to us. The human body to a Radical is just a shell. They just flat out don't care. Our downfall is that we do, but to subverse that would make us no better than them, so this war is harder than any other in walking that tightrope.
Have we made mistakes over there? Yes. Are we winning the war? No. Are we losing the war? No again. We are at a point where more troops are going over to "the sand box" and the only issue I have with this is that it should have happened a long time ago. And screw 20,000 troops....send 40,000. If we're at war, we need to stop dicking around and make a statement. Safety in numbers is key. You hear the crazies talk about "well if we send more, more will die". No, just the opposite, if we do what 'you' want which is a slow withdrawl, our forces are weakened, that's when the shit will go down, and I mean in a bad way. Then what? You don't have an answer? Well then you shouldn't have an opinion either, so shut the hell up Pelosi.
In times of war, we must prepare for peace.....In times of peace we must prepare for war. If this country as a whole we united in this war effort, and not divided by what a few are saying, I guarantee that we would have a great victory.
This is why I'll never be a politician, I wear my heart on my sleeve and speak my mind. I just don't like being misunderstood, that's all I'm tryin' to say, that's all that I'm drivin' at....really, if you think about it, that's all.

8 comments:

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Gotta love Cincinnattians and their republican loyalties!!! I wonder what they put in the water down there?

Dan-O said...

Well, Mols, that's the thing. I do lean a little more towards the conservative side of things, but don't consider myself a Republican per say. To be honest, on the next Pres. election, a very good candidate which I will vote for if he runs, is one Barack Obama(Dem). He's a little of both worlds and his viewpoints are more on the Independant side, plus he's not one to take shit from anyone. And like I said, this cannot become a R. vs D. thing. That is what is beginning to divide us on the worldwide scale. If we begin to look weak to the enemy, count on more attacks in the US, count on it.

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh! Your layout is ALL DIFFERENT! I was so dizzy and confused for a moment. But as soon as I got my bearings, I LIKED it!

One huge problem that you pointed to was the short public memory. We are so accustomed to having fast and easy solutions to problems (24 hour help lines, online technical support). We forget that some problems take a long time to iron out, and we just have no patience.

Another problem, one which has been cyclical throughout our history is isolationism. Sometimes I think the public is under the impression that if we leave the world alone, we will not be affected by other countries' problems. In today's global society, that is so wrong. Either problems are brought directly to us (ie, terrorist attacks) or we will suffer less directly (economics, baby!). But we cannot shut out the world. And while it's true that we don't necessarily have to be in the middle of every skirmish 'round the world, it IS true that "...all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." And WW2 is an excellent example. We didn't really get involved until we were bombed by Japan. But if we had, how much sooner could the devastation in Europe have been curtailed? How many people died because we really didn't want to get involved? We sort of owe Russia for keeping them busy for so long before we finally got our asses in gear on that one. Frankly, I think it is a blight on our record.

Thank you, that will be $150.

Dan-O said...

Congradulations Dr. Steph on the longest response of all times. Thank you for the additions to my point.

Stephanie said...

No, no, thank YOU for the fine points which you have laid out for our edification.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I agree that we should fight for our country. I agree that we should defend our freedom that has been hard-fought and won over the years. I agree that if someone attacts us that we cannot just turn the other cheak. What I don't agree is that we should use the attach of one country as the excuse to go after a different country.

"Hey look guys, someone from that part of the world pissed off the General Public of America. Now we can go after who we want because the GPA is dumb enough to not realize the difference."
Fine, protect our oil interest, just don't lie to us say it's for payback.

Wait, on second thought, go ahead and lie. Ignorance is bliss. Do what you need to Government. I shall follow blindly knowing you have my best interest at heart. It is easier than thinking for myself anyhow. Oh, that barcode tatoo? Sure, put it right here.

Dan-O said...

True, we went to Iraq for a different reason than Afghanastan. It was originally for the reason that Hussein was an opressive leader killing his citizens. And since we are the "Worlds Police"(aka. the only ones to give a shit and can do something about it) we did something about it and overthrew a dictator. Now we're there because the oppressed people there don't know how to act now. Absolutely protect the oil, that's a part of it too. There is a list somewhere of what products are made of oil and if it went away, it would be amazing how fast we'd all die or become so incapacitated we'd really become bumbling idiots. We can't play the "Monday Morning Quarterback" on this one and say 'well, we should have done this differently.' We have an obligation now to fix it.

cmeddie said...

Here Here...

and no it's McCain all the way to the Whitehouse.