Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ron is going to be Healthy!!!!

When Ron and I first met back in March of '06, things were great!!! We went everywhere together....we shopped at Home Depot, we ate at Taco Bell, Hell, we even went to work together everyday!!! (We laughed, we cried, it was better than Cats....sorry AML, had to use it) Things are still that good, but even better. I was on the E85 web site, and low and behold, there is a new E85 fueling station at the Kroger at the top of Winton Hill just under the Star 64 tower(the one that looks like the Kate Moss version of the Eiffel Tower that can be seen just about anywhere in Cincinnati.) I didn't even know there was a Kroger there. When I got the news I was so excited, I ran out to tell Ron the news. He's been bummed out that he's topping out now at over 5,000 lbs. His eyes lit up and I think I almost saw a smile under that beautiful grill of his.
For the laymen, or lay women<------(ounds cool huh?) anyway, E85 is a new blend of fuel for vehicles that are only E85 compliant. Ron is the only vehicle in the Nissan fleet right now that is. The blend is 85% ethanol fuel and 15% gasoline. Compare this to the 90% gasoline/10% ethanol mix many oil companies are using today. The gain is two-fold. The emissions are much cleaner for the environment, and it will begin the transition to the US's steps towards it's independance from middle eastern oil and the strains from OPEC.
E85 is still relatively in it's infancy stages right now and still has a kink or two to mend out, like the loss of mileage(Ron gets 19 MPG on the highway now, with E85 he'll get 17 to 16. It has to do with the alcohol being less volatile than regular gasoline.) It's being worked on right now.
So I will let you all know, not that many of you will care, about the outcomes of Ron's next fillup and any differences in driving.

5 comments:

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

You and Charlie Browns mom seriously need to hook up.....here is what I heard (read) "waah waah wahhh"

I learned a lot though, like I did when you talked about the speakers.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Fancy shmancy new truck, fancy schmancy new TV, fancy schmancy new blog.....did you and Ron hit a fancy schmancy tree on your way back from the Bell??? aaahhhh.....Taco Bell, soooooooo gooooodddd!!!

Dan-O said...

Just keeping it real

Stephanie said...

Ron is healthier, Dan-O is happier.... It is a win-win proposition. And your audience stands by in wonderment.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I like the new look. Also, like Ron, I enjoy things made from corn.