Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The New Billy Madison

Well, being on vacation is so nice. I'm not at a beach or up in the mountains. We're in NC visiting the wife's family which is just as great. There's no rush to anything and everything is very laid back and EVERYONE has a house key. Yesterday in our endeavours, we went to the school of my sister-in-law's son. He's in 1st grade and we ate lunch with him. There is humor in this for those who know me and then can picture me fitting in the chairs at the gradeschool lunch table. All was grand though. It was refreshing to see that the media's viewpoint's on the depleating school system and that children being left behind are all unfounded. I had a good time seeing the kids eyes light up when they saw a new visitor in their lair. One even said "MAN, he's 7 feet tall!" Blake, the ringbearer in our wedding, ordered for us. We all had the chef salad (which for gradeschool food was really good- probably something you'd spend $7.99 on at Ruby Tuesday AND no tip necessary). We knew when it was time to get up when all of the kids started lining up on the outside wall, so we followed. As we went out the door there was a female stragler that looked a little peekid. As we went outside to go around the building bringing up the rear of the line, the little girl proceeded to toss her cookies. Let me rephrase that, the projectile vomit was quite impressive. It was neverending folks, and this was a little girl too. I don't think I could have matched that volume. I ran to the bathroom to wet down a towel for her as the sister-in-law consoled her. Poor kid. After that we were off to visit MOM, my-mother-in law, on the other side of school. She teaches 5th grade, they were a little bit more of the hellions you'd expect. Attitudes abounding. Good kids though. We weren't much different though when we were young. So have no fear, the future of our contry is not lost.
Tomorrow I'm off to hit the links with DAD, father-in-law and Adam. FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Who am I Really? said...

I know this is not much better but i just left high school like 5 years ago and i had to help teach a 7th grade class. It was weird, I don't remember being that much of a jerk when i was that age. but hey i might be wrong.

I'm glad you enjoyed the class.

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear your trip to Lunchlady Land went well.

cmeddie said...

I lost my cookies after lunch today too! Mushrooms do it every time, and someone snuck them into my Lean Cuisine.

bastards

Spacecake said...

Visiting schools is fun. Especially when it's your old school and your younger siblings are there and you and have lunch with them and their class mates lol.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Nothing lie vomit to make a nice capper on lunch.