Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Drive Thru

Yes, Mols, another lunch story. Today Dan was going to lunch a little early. It wouldn't have made a difference though if I HAD gone right at noon because I still would have been stuck behind the same lady I was behind 15 minutes earlier. I was CRAVING McDonald's. I hadn't had it in a while, and being the devout Catholic that I am, I had the DOUBLE filet O' fish w/ out cheese. Prior to me ordering, the lady in front of me, as she pulls up to the michrophone, rolls her window down in her SUV. I see her hand come out of the window with a WHOLE sheet of loose leaf paper. "Go ahead with your order, please" the voice says loudly. The bitch continues just as loud with "Yes, I actually have 9 separate orders". (Not 2 or the odd 3, but 9!!!!!) In the drive Thru!!!!! Now I have my window down on the van as does the construction truck behind me, and we both heard it simultaneously and said simultaneously, "YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME", loudly. She heard us as she turned and scoffed at our utility trucks. The guys behind me back out of line, fly past her honking and flipping her off, I back out and honk as well, but no flipping off for me( I was a little more courteous to the mom and 2 kids coming out of the restaurant). We both go in the same door shaking our heads and commenting on the ridiculousness and uncouthness of the 9 separate order at the drive thru. I order my said fish sandwich AFTER the other guys, walk out behind them, and she is STILL at the microphone. Not the pay window or picking up her food, STILL ORDERING!!! Fucking idiots....The world is filled with them.
On a much cuter note, pardon the pun, check this one out. She's got nothing on Olive though. We ripped out Stairway to Heaven a few weeks ago, me on drums and her playing lead guitar.

7 comments:

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Yay!! I actually missed the lunch stories!!

I HATE people who do even 2 separate orders at the drivethru. If you are friendly enough to buy someone lunch, you should be friendly enough to have them pay you back. I would have FLIPPED out!!

Sorry, clicked on the video, but I cant watch it cuz I hate cats.

SRR said...

THAT'S WHAT MIDDLE FINGERS WERE INVENTED FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

9... separate... orders. At a DRIVE-THRU. Don't these people understand the purpose of a drive-thru?? It's QUICKNESS! SPEED! HIGH EFFICIENCY! SO QUICK, in fact, that the inventers of the drive-thru could not take the time to spell it as "t-h-r-o-u-g-h." That should be a clear signal that they are not messing about with the quickness!

There is a special circle of hell devoted to people who do this. And the people who take more than 15 items through the Speedy Line at the grocery store.

Let's cut them all!

cmeddie said...

Dan, I need your help. My TV is broken, and I don't know what to do. Not sure if it is worth getting fixed or not... SERIOUSLY email me or call or something.

Be my tech guru.

60 inch mitsubishi...

so sad.

cmeddie said...

PS, lunch stories are fun. I like them.

Dan-O said...

Well well well. Nowwwww you need my help. Is it a newer TV??? If no and it's one of the bigger old ones, you'd probably be better off getting a new one. drop me a line at my email and I'll get with you on what you might need to look for.

cmeddie said...

Easier said that done Dan-O.. no email addy! ;)

It's a 60 inch mitsubishi, and the vertical went out... 325ish to fix, if parts are available...

OF COURSE i want you help!!!