Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Black Water

Caddy Shack:
Carl: " So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. (Explaining to the caddy) A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So I tell them I'm a pro jock, and do you know who they give me? The Dali Lama himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald......striking. So I'm on the first tee with him and I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one....big hitter the Lama....long, into a 10,000 foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? 'gunga galunga....gunga, gunga-galunga'. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?' And he's says 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will recieve total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

One of my favorites above. A new client of ours is moving into an old clients house. Q, you know the family. And the previous owners did not open their inground pool this year while they were busy moving to their temporary abode while their new home in Indian Hill is under construction. I digress, The new people who are friends with the old owners, had their pool opened this week while we have been working there. I was taking a breath of fresh air and went outside on the patio over the pool as they uncovered it. The water was BLACK!!! Nasty, and stinky7. I almost vomited. The pool was below me and out about 25 feet and the stench from the water would have killed a roach from where I was. This was Tuesday. Today being Thursday, and tomorrow Friday, they are planning to use it this weekend for the kids while they are having their furniture moved in. The water is crystal clear now.
My whole thing here is that it's August, 1 WEEK away from when pools are closed all over the place. What's the point???? Why????? You know why, and it is always my answer to myself when I question the logic of the Rich, and very kind, people that I work for. Why???? Because they can, that's why. The $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it takes to do something doesn't matter, as long as it gets done when they want it done. I like that, I admire that. Good stuff right there. Ahhh the life.

4 comments:

SRR said...

I wipe my ass with $100 bills. And you? Are we getting together on Saturday? I have 17 on Sunday...so it can't be too late.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Maybe their pool was what CCR was singing about.

cmeddie said...

I want to have money someday too. :(

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

You are obviously my biggest fan, but who can blame you really? Seriously, one link to my goodness is plenty.