Friday, September 15, 2006

When the cat's away......


Bender: "Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"

Oh people, today was a good day at work, if you want to call it that. The 2 bosses are in Denver for the yearly CEDIA (Custom Electronics Design and Installation Association) convention. It's pretty cool, I went the last 2 years, but it's all the same stuff with maybe a few new items added to them to make them a little better. Anyway, enough of that, today was great. We did NOTHING for the day. We were supposed to go down to AFG to replace 2 video scalers, but they never came in from UPS, so while we waited, we sat in the theater and watched Saving Private Ryan, afterwards we took a little break from watching the Kaleidescape. So we went to lunch, Brett the progammer and I went to Jersey Mikes, I had the classic Philly Cheesesteak w/ no peppers( a must if you've never tried). We took a stroll down to Planet Smoothie and I got a small Chocolate Elvis (peanut butter, yogurt, chocolate, and ice). It was ok, but I'm sure there's better flavors. So when we had enough of the lunch scene, we made our way back to the shop hoping that by 1:00 the scalers would be in.....they weren't. What are we going to do???? We couldn't think of a thing, so we sat back down in the theater thinking maybe the nice comfy leather theater seats would help us think.....they didn't. Magically the Projector kicked on and the channel switched to a Showtime channel. It was time for Kung Fu Theater!!!!! "The Master of the Flying Guillotine". Quite entertaining for the full duration, alot of action and I believe, yes I believe that I have a new favorite movie format. It was made in 1975, the year I was conceived and born. It still had an entertainment factor that was undeniable, how can you ignore that or even push the 'System Off' button on the touch panel. I'll tell you from experience, you can't. And when we turned to our bosses son to get him to check UPS, it was apparent he did not have the same appreciation for the showing. He was sprawled across 2 of the 4 seats behind us out like a light. Yes, I can officially say that today was the MOST unproductive day at work I've ever had. At 3:00, I gave up on UPS and left. I'm not going downtown after 3:00 on a Friday, especially after the ass-busting we did today. Screw That!!!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, you boys must still be buzzing from that productivity high.

That was quite funny.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Is your company hiring any dentists?

cmeddie said...

Seriously, stay and get overtime next time!

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Mmmm, the Kaleidescape looks delicious.