Sunday, October 01, 2006

Slow Recovery

Ladies and Gents,
Why is it when you get older, the less and less your body's alcohol tolerance gets. Let's take myself for example. Friday night was an ordinary evening, I got home took my post workday shower, watched a little TV while knocking back a few Amber Bock's(delicious) afterwards I go to the wifes cousin's soccer game at Soccer City and get a pitcher which I had Bud light's out of. After the match we sat around and shot the breeze w hile drinking no beers at all. After I left there I met up with my sis at a local bar in Mt. Healthy (very nice people in Mt. Healthy by the way) and had 2 Bud lights there. We walked down Hamilton Ave. to Vince's bar ( a great sports bar) and I had 2 more.
Now mind you these were all spread out over the evening, and the next morning I was getting around just fine with no nausea, but a pounding headache. So, was it the combination of a few different beers or is my age getting to me. I'd hate to think it's the latter.

6 comments:

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Aaahhh, you asked the right person. By my estimation, that is approximately 11 beers. Your first problem is you consumed draft beer. I am on a huge anti-draft beer campaign. It is the root of many, many a hangover for me. Secondly, though stretching said drinks over a long time SEEMS like a good idea, in fact, it is not. Your body processes alcohol like poison, so, it was working in overdrive for an extended period of time. Thus, it was worn out the next day. And 3rd, you were drinking shit beer. Bud Light sucks, switch to Miller Lite. DUH!!

That will be $150 please.

Dan-O said...

Well, I did end the evening with a night cap.....Guiness. AND DOES MILLER LIGHT GIVE LESS OF A HANGOVER???? I heard that it is a little easier on your body. The wife's cousin has an ulcer and that is the only beer he can drink without getting his ulcer upset

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Yes, Miller Lite is MUCH easier on your stomach. I believe it is wheat based. Bud Light is rice based and thus makes you feel all bloated and gross. Or so I have heard.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Nope, you're just old. I love the fact that the cousin with the ulcer doesn't stop drinking, he just finds one that works (after some experimenting I would guess).

Spacecake said...

I don't drink so I never have to get up with a head ache :) Well, most times. Simple.

cmeddie said...

Um, drink vodka, from the bottle... And make sure it is the goose. Next time you will be fine.