Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Call Out to Babaganoush!!!

Putting out the bat signal here. So I'm in the bank Friday afternoon on the way home from work. I'm waiting in line behind a comedian....sorry, I failed to mention he was a seriously redneck hilbilly telling me jokes I wasn't ready for about the Daytona 500 mixed with a few sex jokes. Yes, in line in the bank!!!

Ok 2 tellers were busy and the window teller was busy so the wait was WAYYYYYYY long and I can't even remember the joke about Jeff Gordon. The teller to the right was helping an upper middle class white couple who had no information on them in order to access their account, they were still there when I left. The lady that stepped forward as I walked in was a young attractive black woman w/ a daughter, she was a little better prepared for her transaction by the way.

My call out is this, the unprepared couple had 2 children in there w/ them screaming and yelling and running all over the place, once in front of me while running into my leg. (I know I'm bigger than them, but was it wrong to want to trip them both). The other younger woman's daughter waited patiently by her side holding her pants leg. Question: What is the secret behind good parenting?" It seems as though every time I go out more times than not, the caucasian children are out of control. It's almost like younger black children see the fear of God in their mothers and fathers, I think I almost see it too. I want to be a good black parent some day....what is the secret?
Dr., if you can help, I'll take any suggestions I can get.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I believe you already mentioned the secret to good parenting as having the fear of God instilled in you, usually by the power of the Divine as interpreted by your mother's or father's hand. I believe there are several ingredients:

1. Having parents who are not afraid to punish you. This doesn't have to be necessarily spanking, but if your children know that you'll lay down the law, they'll be less likely to run amok.

2. Having parents who are good examples. If the parent acts like an asshole in public, gee, what are the chances that the child will too?

3. In general, just having a parent who sets expectations for good behavior, then follows through with reinforcements.

Thank you, that will be $150.

Dan-O said...

Oh, I'm not afraid to spank or what not when the time is appropriate.
I'll catch you on the flip side with the $$$.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

The best parents are the ones without kids.

Woohoo....I made it out of my house Thursday.....by last night I missed it alot.....now I am back on my couch....

awww....if only my couch had a penis and made lots of money I would soooooooo marry it.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Tripping kids is fun.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Haha Dan-O...watch this video....just saw it tonight and I thought of this blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-OqKWXirsU

Dan-O said...

EXCELLENT Mols!!